Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tool #8: Taking a Look at the Tools


  1. After watching the videos/tutorials, list two to three things you learned about the device(s) that will be in your classroom this fall.
The current devices teachers will be getting for their classrooms this fall include: iPod Touch, iPad, Dell 2120 netbook, MacBook, iMac, WACOM Intuos tablet, xBox 360 KINNECT and an HPTouchscreen. This news makes me really sad that I will not be a part of the rollout of these wonderful devices when I love technology. However, if I was part of this group, it would be nice to use the new Dell 2120 netbook because of its size and weight. I learned through the tutorials how valuable the the video creation would be and also it is great to know that it comes with a webcam. I would also like to experience how to use the Windows 7 which would be part of the devices.




2. How do you plan to manage the device(s) in your classroom? Do you have ideas/suggestions that others may find useful?


If I were getting the new devices, I would label them with numbers and count them at the end of each period. I would make students accountable for them and have them check their condition both at the beginning of class and at the end.


My only suggestion is that the district would reconsider letting the Business department become part of this device distribution, so we could all be on the same page!

No comments:

Post a Comment