Monday, February 6, 2012

Tool #11 - Self-Assessing and Reflecting


1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.

I like the Today's Meet tool for my Business Law class and I could use it when we have Houston Bar Association visitors. I also like the Digizen website for my Law class as well as my other computer classes to help students understand the importance of using technology wisely.

2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner?  

I have a better understanding of the tools and resources available for me to utilize in my classroom.  My vision to incorporate technology into the classroom has not changed.  I have always believed in having students access computers in a learning environment.  When teaching Business and Computer Science courses, I use computers in a lab setting.  While teaching Math, I use laptops as auxiliary resources to supplement the textbook.  The only change that I will need to make to accommodate the 21st Century learner is to use the existing computers to support the new tools since I will not be getting any of the new devices for my classroom.

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I was amazed at the wealth of resources available to our students and hope someday the Business department will get to be part of the new device exploration!  

No comments:

Post a Comment