Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tool #6: Using Web Tools to Promote Discussion...


  1. Choose at least two of the tools from the above list. Create an account for each (if required)
I explored the Today's Meet tool which did not need an account and Google Docs which all students and teachers have an account through SBISD.


2. Use each of the tools you choose to create a sample of how you would use it in your classroom. Embed the sample (preferred) or link to the URL.



Listen.

What questions do you have about criminal law?


 






















































https://docs.google.com/a/springbranchisd.com/#home has my file for Money Matters document.


3. Share your thoughts on how you see the tools being integrated into your classroom. How do you see them encouraging participation?
I teach Business Law and offer lots of opportunities for students to interact with guest speakers such as lawyers and judges. I am excited about incorporating Today's Meet tool in my law class to get instant feedback as to what students have to say about the various topics. The backchannel seems to be a great way to promote participation by allowing students to have an online conversation about the speaker's topic rather than interrupting the speaker throughout his/her presentation. Their are a myriad of uses for Google Docs on allowing students to collaborate on the same documents. I would also like to incorporate Wallwisher bulletin announcement tool into my classroom to relay special information for my 120 Academy of Finance students.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your comments here. You always have very interesting things to talk about.

    ReplyDelete